Topic

becoming a complete punter redux

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique becoming a complete punter redux

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    larry savage
    Spectator

@pyeyo

Locale: pacific northwest

"I am struggling with posting on the BB for fear of becoming a complete punter.
    I think I have some information to share based on real experience but what I've noticed is a thread about beryilium coffee pots appears and some synaptic cleft switches and "typipty type type" I have spilled what little I think I know about the periodic chart of alkaline earth metals spews forth.
    If the rule that 95% of everything is crapola holds true then I really only have 5% worth contributing, the difficulty is winnowing that 5% and resisting the urge to post the smelly stuff.
    The real lesson for me in lightening my wilderness burden is to reverse the trend that Oscar Wilde spoke of, we know the cost of everything and the value of nothing. To simplify what I need to travel the wilderness heightens my experiences exponentially and this will always be about the wilderness experience for me and not the gear. I hope I can reflect this in my future posts.
    Is this the 95% or the 5%?"
    I posted this a few years ago but somehow I've come back to loving the sound of the laptop keys clicking away.
    Revisting some recent posts was an uncomfortable experience seeing in print what a punter I've become – again.expert online
    I'm actually spending as much time out as I did in college which is really great but I think there is some need for validation by typing away here.
    I think I'll go post some photos instead, what is it, 28 days to change a negative habit?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools