Topic

Replacement Aluminum Tent Poles

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Replacement Aluminum Tent Poles

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Glenn Smith
    Spectator

@gosmithpa

Locale: Southern Arizona

Can anyone provide a website for someone who sells replacement aluminum tent pole sections? Our Scout Troop has an older EMS Tent that has a cracked pole section we would like to repair. Thanks.

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

It's worth trying here

Troy Ammons
    BPL Member

@tammons

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

Jim's suggestion is a good one. I dealt with Tentpole Technologies a couple years ago, and the owner is a good man to deal with. He worked with Easton for a good while, helped produce the stakes some of us use, and he knows something about aluminum. Call him–he'll be quite responsive. All you need to tell him is the length of the pole, how many sections you want it to be, and he'll tell you about your options. Quick turnaround, good quality, reasonable cost.

Randall Raziano
    BPL Member

@rrazian

Locale: SW Colorado

I have a bivy that I love, except for the fact that it droops over my face. I tried many solutions at home, none of which were satisfactory. Sent it to Tent Pole Technologies, where Jacob bent up a really nice set of poles for me. I think they do a great job.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

BTW polesforyou.com changed their name to tentpoletechnologies.com

If you're in Vancouver (WA) cool to stop by and check out their place. There are a huge number of poles in every conceivable type. Watch them bend your pole for you.

You have to order on phone – how archaic

You can order from Quest online, but if you want something weird, like bending a pole to replace a broken one, better to talk to tentpole technologies

hwc 1954

@wcollings

I had no problem figuring out what I needed to replace an Eaton pole section for an old Sierra Designs tent:

http://tentpoletechnologies.com/?page_id=17

I can't remember. I think the diameter of the pole might even have been stamped on the old pole. Just order your pole section, then go to the components page for any tips that you might need:

http://tentpoletechnologies.com/?page_id=671

You'll need to remove the tip from end to get to the shock cord (tied to a little washer). I was not able to remove the tip without brute force with vise grips and it was worth having a new replacement for the couple bucks it cost.

I used the metal strip from an old windshield wiper blade to push the shock cord washer out once I had the old tip removed.

Once I found out where to buy the parts, it was a very easy repair.

For DAC poles, I'm not sure.

Paul Magnanti
    BPL Member

@paulmags

Locale: Colorado Plateau

Wow..timely.

I loaned out an old Kelty Zen to someone… he returned it sans the poles. Grrrr…

I have been bugging this person like a bill collector. I think he lost them and won't fess up. :O

Thanks for the links. I'll have to check it out. The tent may be older, but still makes a good loaner or even car camping tent.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools