Topic

Trinity alps in Mid-October?? Snow, XC travel??

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Trinity alps in Mid-October?? Snow, XC travel??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Trevor Warmedahl

@chokmah33

Im planning on doing a 60-80 mile 3-4 day North south traverse of the Trinity Alps in mid/late October. I want to start out from Big Flat/Caribou lakes and head up the Stuart Fork to Mirror lake. From here I would like to travel XC to L lake, over Sawtooth Mountain and down to morris/smith lakes. I would like to know what the conditions to expect and when the snow generally begins to impede travel in this region.

Anybody got any info or relevant expierence??

Also debating whether to exit via deer creek/long canyon or boulder creek to ripstein. I will be hitchiking so any suggestions about the access and usage of various trailheads would be great. Thanks!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools