Topic

Gatewood Cap

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Gatewood Cap

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mark W Heninger

@heninger

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Anyone get theirs yet? SMD still lists late February as the availablity date. Just curious…

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

Wade, I’ve corresponded with Mr. Moak. His reply was that he was picking up the capes this week from the manufacturer and that they would ship either today or tomorrow, IIRC (or was it very early next week that all would ship out – sorry, my “old-timers” is acting up). I’m really very sorry that I can’t remember – this is a problem since my accident four and a half years ago. I’m still not used to not being able to remember things. So, think, worst case, and plan on early next week and be surprised if it arrives earlier.

Mark W Heninger

@heninger

Good enough for me. Excitedly looking forward to it.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

I heard the same [bouncing from one foot the other in anticipation]

paul johnson

@pj

Received email with tracking number from Mr. Moak today that Gatewood Cape has shipped.

Michael Martin
    BPL Member

@mikemartin

Locale: North Idaho

Paul-

I’d be very interested to hear your impressions of the cape when you get it. Please post a review (and photos if possible!) when it arrives.

I’m particularly curious about how the hood is constructed and how it functions and drapes in “cape” mode.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

-Mike

paul johnson

@pj

Sorry. Don’t do photos. Have never owne a camera. Still waitin’ on Dreher to adopt me so I can use his.

To satisfy my main curiosity about the cape is going to have to wait for warmer weather. I’m wondering about ventilation compared to a poncho during late springs and summer rains. Will the front zipper and open bottom of the cape do as well as a poncho’s open sides and bottom. Will lowering the zipper allow too much rain to enter. Of course, in the warmer weather this does not become a hypothermic issue and so may not matter at all. I’ve never minded getting wet in warm weather, especially if I can dry out later. Sometimes though when it’s going to be raining for days on end, I’d rather not get wet, even though hiking may dry me out a bit in a few hours.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

I got a shipment notice too. Ron Moak of Six Moons Designs gets an A+ for communication, BTW.

I’m planning on doing a field test with photos in the next couple weeks. I’ll try to get out any preliminary information with a backyard setup if I can.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools