Topic

Were you on the JMT Sept 3-6?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Were you on the JMT Sept 3-6?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Peter Bakwin
    BPL Member

@pbakwin

Brett Maune did the JMT in a new fastest (supported or unsupported) time of 3d14h13m from the Portal to Yosemite, during Sept. 3-6, 2009 (see "JMT speed record attempt"). Was anyone on the trail during this time & if so did you see or not see Brett? Here's a picture:
    http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.php?object_id=515713
    Ian Alloway was also on the trail at that time going for a fast time.
    Please contact me if you have info either way.
    Thanks – [email protected]

Art …
    BPL Member

@asandh

Someone claims they talked with Ian Alloway, after his hike, when he was back at Whitney Portal. Entry below from Whitney Message Board, thread titled "What is Electrolyte".

http://www.whitneyportalstore.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=67989&page=2#Post67989

Jorge DeLaSierra

@delasierra

Locale: SoCal

My wife and I saw Brett on Sept 3, 2009. We were S/B at Vidette Meadows on our way to Forester. He was all game. We did not know who he was. We figured he was just another hiker on the trail. He was finishing a gear check of some sort. We asked him for an update on the weather; the weather was not on his mind at that time. I recognized his face via the pics he posted. I confirmed my encounter with him later. That was cool.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools