Topic

Wood Badge & GoLite Pinnacle

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Scouting Backpacking Light with Scouts Wood Badge & GoLite Pinnacle

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Michael Ray
    BPL Member

@topshot

Locale: Midwest

Just had to say I really like my GoLite Pinnacle. I decided on it just for Scout outings like this. For our upcoming "backpacking" segment of Wood Badge training, I decided to pack all the food for our patrol since I had bought it and packaged it. 26 pounds of food & packaging for 53 meals. Not exactly the lightest (though at the bottom of the recommended 24-32 oz per person per day) but there is a "prize" for lowest cost (spent $47.42 – <$1/meal) so I got larger cans of tuna and chicken rather than pouches and others wanted fresh apples since we're only going a mile at most.
    Anyway, I got all the food, a 3.5 qt pot w/ stove and 8 oz fuel canister, and my binder inside along with all my other normal gear (< 18 lbs) except a couple clothing items (have to wear full Scout uniform), my solo cook kit, and my tent. 47 lbs total and packed to the rim (you can see my red jacket at the top).

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools