Topic

Tents for Tall People

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Tents for Tall People

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 51 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Marc Penansky
    BPL Member

@marcpen

Locale: Western NC

@Erik Basil,
    The wedge option on a LightHeart tent adds a wedge (piece of pie) shaped piece of sil-nylon into a standard zippered fly to allow the formation of an awning. This awning allows constant views, good ventilation, dripless entry and exit, etc. It is a sewn in piece with a nested zipper that also allows conversion back to the standard fly in case of really bad weather with blowing rain. It can be left as an awning in straight down rain and has substantial coverage. The "wedge option" can only be added on a sil-nylon tent because we have found that the cuben tents can't handle the extra weight of 2 zippers. The "wedge option" adds about 1.5 ounces to the weight of a tent.
    Sorry for the late reply but I just saw your post asking about this.
    Marc Penansky
    LightHeart Gear

David Ure

@familyguy

Sorry Ron – Mondays are beer and scotch night. Keeps my weekends clear for hiking.

(I will edit!)

Ron W

@miles2go

Locale: White River National Forest

At the same time? That makes my night with a rootbeer float seem a little tame. …though my beer fridge is currently stocked with over a dozen choices. :)

On topic: Mountain Hardwear Drifter 2
    Listed Minimum Weight: 4 lb 11 oz
    2 Doors
    2 Vestibules
    45" tall.
    93" long.
    Only 50" wide but it is a constant width.
    Lower frills with a sub $199 price point.

Viewing 3 posts - 51 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools