Topic

Pertex Quantum v. .85 ounce rip stop Skaha

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Pertex Quantum v. .85 ounce rip stop Skaha

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tim Cheek
    BPL Member

@hikerfan4sure

Anybody out there have in the field based opinion whether I should get my Nunatak Skaha in Quantum or .85 ounce rip stop?

I’d like to dry out fast if wet, but stay as dry as possible in the first place, the usual trade-off. I assume they both have similar abrasion resistance, and the weight difference is negligible (I could get it lined in .85 ounce, the quantum on the exterior).

One last thought, the only color of quantum they’ve got left is hot orange! If the functional difference is discernable in the lab only, I’d rather be royal blue than hot orange…

kevin davidson

@kdesign

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson

When I was working out specs on my Arc bag, Nunatak told me that the Quantum had a little bit better DWR treatment than the .85. It would thus make a little more sense to use the Quantum on the outside. But I don’t think it is a paramount issue as they both are fairly water resistant. They both are very light materials that are easily torn and can be easily abraded and thus will need some babying.

The Orange Quantum is quite striking, I used it as a contrast color to the then available Green Quantum. If you ever are in a rescue situation, you can flash it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools