Topic

Smoke/haze conditions at Kings Cyn. NP California?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Smoke/haze conditions at Kings Cyn. NP California?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Larry Sullivan

@150mph

Locale: Los Angeles

Anyone been out in SEKI in the last few days/first week(s) of Sep.? Is visibility bad still from the San Gabriel Station fire? When I finished up a high sierra trip in Yosemite and came down the 395 end of Aug., it was the worst conditions I've ever seen…

I've been looking forward to my week-long Kings Cyn. photography trip all summer (week of sep 13-19) from Crescent Mdws to explore a big loop around Great Western Divide for the first time. But I may have to forget it this year…

Larry in LA

Ryan Teale
    BPL Member

@monstertruck-2

Locale: Almost Yosemite

I finished up the JMT this past Sat. the 5th. I came over Pinchot Pass on Wednesday the 2nd and made my way down to Woods Creek. The smoke was very bad that day and on Thursday the 3rd was still quite noticeable going past the Rae Lakes and over Glen Pass. On the 4th I want over Forrester pass and it was cloudy but the smoke seemed to still be noticeable. On Saturday while on Whitney I had clear views though. There was also a fire in Yosemite and I have not checked the status of that fire. I would think with prevailing winds smoke over the 395 may have been from that fire.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools