Topic

10 oz of creamy Leica goodness

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography 10 oz of creamy Leica goodness

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rick Dreher
    BPL Member

@halfturbo

Locale: Northernish California

In the form of the just announced X1–the first fixed lens, big chip competitor to the DP1 and DP2. To add to the certain air of exclusivity, membership to the august owner group will be two grand, please. Accessories extra, natürlich.

http://us.leica-camera.com/photography/compact_cameras/x1/

Oh, there's a full-frame M9 digi rangefinder too–a technological triumph that the red dot folks considered impossible a few years ago. Good fun.

Cheers,

Rick

Ali e

@barefootnavigator

Locale: Outside

Rick, looks tasty but I think I will stick with my G11. Funny How they are calling Canon the new Leica. Id love to see a review when you get around to it. Ali

Peter Burke

@fishmonger

Locale: Midwest

I just can't contemplate another mortgage just to get this toy.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

"Funny How they are calling Canon the new Leica"
    Funny considering that Goro Yoshida (Canon founder) started making cameras by disassembling a Leica to see how they were made.
    From that the first Kwanon ( with a Kasyapa lens) , later Hansa-Canon, came about…
    The first commercial model (Hansa Canon), BTW, came out with a Nikkor 50mm 3.5
    Franco

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools