Topic

SD Dri-Zone fabric

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) SD Dri-Zone fabric

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

Anyone have any experience with SD Dri-Zone fabric? Particularly interested in its application in shelters (SD Zagori and Navassa bivies, and the SD Solomente – don’t know if it’s used in other shelters), but any experience in clothing would be appreciated as well.

Its specs are impressive (18,000 mm water resistance and 28,000 gm/m^2/24h breathability figures). It’s breathability just a tad better than eVENT’s published figures (not sure if the same Test is used to achieve these figures). How these numbers translate to real-world performance, alone and as compared to eVENT fabric, I don’t know.

Also, what about its durability for long term use?

So, what can anyone tell me about this fabric? Is it as good as the SD marketing hype about it?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools