Topic

Silnylon ground cloth

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Silnylon ground cloth

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    John Roan
    BPL Member

@jroan

Locale: Vegas

This is my first MYOG sewing project. I had been using a GG Polycro under my GG SpinnTwinn tarp, but between the sharp rocks we have in the Las Vegas area, and our dogs, I wasn't able to keep the Polycro from getting large rips and holes each trip.

My idea was to make a large two person ground cloth that would be tough enough for our local conditions, and also use the same stakes that secure the tarp to hold the ground cloth in place. The result was this 60 x 84, 5.85oz silnylon ground cloth.

MYOG 5x7 silnylon ground cloth

I have about $8 worth of material into the project, and although my sewing will get much better in time, I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

Next project…help my son make a tarp/ground cloth set up, then eventually a back pack.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools