Topic

Denali Q’s

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jarod Fleming

@flemdawg1

Locale: SE US

I'll be going to Fairbanks for a business trip the week after next. So I'd be a fool if I didn't try to stay over the weekend and get in a hike in one of the most spectacular NPs. I'd probably arrive Thursday late afternoon, and need to exit by Sat evening (early flight home on Sun). Where should I go?

Also since its mid-Sept should I use this as my insulation system?
    Cap 2 top and bottom
    mid weight running tights
    mid-weight poly half zip top
    300 wt Fleece jacket or Marmot orig Dri clime jacket
    LW Land's End Down vest
    Target C9 hiking pants
    SD Hurrican shell
    Rain pants
    Thorlo Hiking socks

Footwear? Vasque Blur runners or Full leather Dunham waffle stompers (6lb+)?

Shelter: SwissGear Hiker 2-man double wall tent (great lil tent actually, but 6lbs), HS TT Rainshadow 2, or silnyl tarp (setup in backyard 3x but never used in woods)

Stove: Fancee Feast alchy, or Brunton Crux lite canister (there supposedly hiker box at the entrance w/ fuel)?

Miles Barger
    BPL Member

@milesbarger

Locale: West Virginia

What date were you planning on being in the park? The last day buses will be running is September 17. If there's a significant snowfall before that date, the road will close for the season.

If you can sneak in before that date:

• Highs 30s-50s
    • Lows 10s-30s
    • Very high chance of significant snow
    Jarod Fleming

@flemdawg1

Locale: SE US

Go in 17th, out 19th.

Miles Barger
    BPL Member

@milesbarger

Locale: West Virginia

Denali NP+P Visitor Transportation System schedule for the time you'll be there.

There'd be buses to take you out but none to bring you back, so you'd need to plan a trip that would have you hiking all the way back to the entrance.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools