Topic

Making a woodburning stove

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Making a woodburning stove

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Warren Maslowski

@cqber

Locale: Southeast

I'm looking into making a new stove and from where I usually backpack there is always sticks and twigs around.

So I thought I'd look into a woodburning stove, and was wondering if anyone has any plans/ideas on how to make one out of coffee cans and such.

Thanks

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

Hey Warren,
    Just do a search in the MYOG Forum…you'll find plenty. I particularly like the ones made out of paint cans.

Troy Ammons
    BPL Member

@tammons

If you only want to make a simple stove then its really easy. Just a can with holes in the bottom to hold some wood and cut away enough of the top so it will burn but still support your pot.

If you want a wood gas stove, it take either 2 or 3 cans of some sort, with a variety of holes to get the wood gas combustion going.

Link..

This might give you some ideas.

http://zenstoves.net/Wood.htm

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools