Topic

Cuben rolltop stuffsack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Cuben rolltop stuffsack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Donna C
    BPL Member

@leadfoot

Locale: Middle Virginia

OK…I thought I would try my skills at making a rolltop sack or pack liner out of cuben material. What would I use for the stiffener of the top or would I even need that, just roll it and snap, or attach at tiny velcro points.

I have to figure a way to to attach the snaps as well. I plan on bonding or taping, whichever works best. Steve's previous posts about Hysol looks like something I could try.

OK, I'm no engineer, but feedback is nice. I plan on using cheapo material first to see how it goes.

Troy Ammons
    BPL Member

@tammons

I think hysol is the same type glue that I tried, which was mcnett aquaseal glue. Too thick really, but it sticks everything to everything I have tried. Sil to sil, sil to tyvek, sil to cuben, cuben to cuben, so that is what I would use. Have not tried it on polycro yet, but thats next.

I am acutally going to make a couple of these bags similar to what you are doing. Square and clip corner technique with roll top.

You could just glue on some velcro for the strap or use some 1/2" grosgrain and a small 1/2" side release buckle.

Donna C
    BPL Member

@leadfoot

Locale: Middle Virginia

I am going to try both ways and see what transpires. Sounds like sticky stuff. Good to know McNett is the thing to use.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools