Topic

Thunder Pass? Millys/Lucy’s Foot Pass?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Thunder Pass? Millys/Lucy’s Foot Pass?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dave T

@davet

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

I would pm Cary Bertoncini. He might be able to give you some help on that. I have never been over those, so I cannot give advice. Hope Cary can help.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Dave,

I reconnoitered Milly's and Lucy's Foot Passes before going out over Thunder Pass and concluded that Thunder was the better bet. I didn't like the look of either of them, at all. We went over it in 1979 and there was no need for an ice axe when we did it in August. Being on a north facing slope, that could change from year to year, but this was a low snow year and I'd bet you won't need an ice axe. Do be prepared for lots of loose stuff-it's a rotten gully. But as long as you pay attention and move slow and careful, you shouldn't have much trouble. Certainly nothing like some of the stuff you did on the SHR. Side benefit: You get to go up the basin below Thunder Mtn on your approach from the unnamed 3 bayed lake. It is drop dead beautiful. One of my favorite spots. You're doing a great route. Best of luck.

Oops, I missed your follow on posts. Congrats, Dave. I'm glad it worked out for you. Beautiful country, huh?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Dave,

Follow on question: What was your route coming up from the south? We dropped into Milestone Basin via Milestone Pass on 9/5. From the sound of things we just missed each other.
    Wouldn't that have been something to run into each other up there?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools