Topic

Valandre’s Split-S on new website

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Valandre’s Split-S on new website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Michael Febbo
    Spectator

@febbom

I have not seen this posted, but Valandre has a newly designed site that includes a video of the Split-S jacket.

http://www.valandre.com/outerwear.php?name=splits

At 1 pound and with less than 5 ounces of down, I am a bit dissapointed. The video appears to show a rather thin jacket… though it looks brilliantly cut, I don't see this being the perfect jacket I was hoping it would be. In fact, can this even compete with my MH Phantom for warmth?

François Lederer

@franzi68

It seems that Valandre (and other down manufacturers) no longer focus on outdoor activity since they discovered new opportunities in fashion market.

I agree with you: this down jacket looks great, but is maybe better suited for after ski parties in some fashioned venues or in cities rather than for real activity (sportswear).

Weight is more than heavy for our lightweight standards…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools