Topic

Platy 1L bottle and using 1 micron fabric?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Platy 1L bottle and using 1 micron fabric?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

I have a Platypus Platy 1L bottle with the closure cap and some of the 1 micron polyester fabric. How could I effectively use the fabric with the bottle to screen out random junk in the water? I though about getting another cap and hollowing the top out so I could stretch the fabric over it or using the fabric as a tampon in the mouth but I don't think either are really great ideas. What else could I do? Thanks.

Troy Ammons
    BPL Member

@tammons

All of below you would need a cord to hang it. With plactic sheet you would want something to hold the upper part of the funnel open.

1. LW Plastic funnel with a tube on the bottom.
    or
    2. Cuben or plastic sheet funnel shaped from a square as below with a PEX slip fit plumbing connector on the bottom. If you do it right the oring will seal the bag to the fitting, and shove a tube into that.
    or
    3. Half of a plastic bottle and cap, drill a hole in the cap, put a PEX connector into the cap and hose it.

Shape funnel out of a square of your fabric to fit.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools