Topic

What will you buy with your REI Dividend?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) What will you buy with your REI Dividend?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Black

@thehikingdude

Including the 20% off coupon. I’m already shopping, but haven’t made a final decision yet.

-jeff

Eric Lavering

@lave

Locale: Western Montana

I’m aimin’ at getting the “tilley airflo hat” which I’m pretty sure is the same thing as the LTM6. They want the suggested retail price of $69, but with dividend and 20% off coupon, I should get a significantly discounted price.
    -Eric

Elliot Lockwood

@elockwood

Merrell Waterpro Multi-Sport Water Shoes. Already quite a deal at $49.93 before 20% discount. I will use these on river hikes throughout the Colorado Plateau this coming summer.

http://www.rei.com/outlet/product/47986878.htm

Eric Lavering: It seems to me that the Tilley Airflo is not available on REI-Outlet, in which case the 20% coupon will not apply. Am I mistaken?

Jeff Black

@thehikingdude

The one for the Outlet site is available now. The one for the regular site will be eligible to REI members starting next week.

Elliot Lockwood

@elockwood

Thank you for clarifying. I wasn’t aware of a second discount, and I now look forward to it.

Eric Lavering

@lave

Yeah, I was talking about the 20% coupon that comes in the mail with your dividend.
    -Eric

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

You can use your dividend along with a 20% coupon as follows:

REI.com – memb26 (one item)
    REI outlet – GM224 (one item)

I believe the codes are reusable, meaning if you are buying multiple items, just check out/pay individually each time.

Separately, there should also be another 20% off coupon in the mail.

Anonymous

Eric,

Check out binnacle.com for Tilley hats. They’ve got the lowest prices that I’ve come across.

Michael Wands

@walksoftly

Locale: Piney Woods

About the only thing that I get at REI anymore is “Bear Valley Pemmican Bars”. This is the only source for them in the Dallas Area. Whole Foods has the meal packs, but not the Fruit & Nut Bars.

I know that they look like fruit cake, but I like the way they energize me on the trail. Just have to remember to drink plenty of agua.

Regarding REI in general, any store that shows me a 4-pound tent or a 3-pound sleeping bag and tells me that it is “ultralight” is just out of touch with the way I provision.

Eric Lavering

@lave

Thanks Anon, I’ll check it out.

Mark
    BPL Member

@mlarson

Locale: SoCal

I wish I could use my dividend at other stores :] I ended up going with the Marmot Ion in the Outlet store. From MSRP $100 to practically “free”… just took a little patience.
    -Mark

Jeff Black

@thehikingdude

Thanks for the idea. I just ordered one for myself.

-jeff

Jeff Black

@thehikingdude

fyi: Montbell just dropped the $ on their UL Wind Jacket down to $79. I went ahead and ordered one, REI will happily take the yellow one back.

-jeff

Phil Barton
    BPL Member

@flyfast

Locale: Oklahoma

This year my list for spending the dividend includes:
    REI Taped Mittens
    Another National Geographic Topo! state map
    Maybe a sleeping bag.

I pile up dividend $ with my REI Visa card. As a Scoutmaster I can still find things that are useful as loaner gear and car camping.

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

Good choice on the Taped Mittens. I had to pay for my pair and am not disappointed at all with them (though I could wish that they were a bit lighter).

Mike Storesund

@mikes-1

“I wish I could use my dividend at other stores”

You can use your dividend at other stores, you just have to wait until you can cash it.

I found out the 20% discount doesn’t work on the REI-Outlet because all of those items are on sale, ending with a 3 or 9 cent value.

I got the Brunton Optimus stove (used the 20% discount), an REI Ultralight rain jacket, a couple Trails Illustrated maps to add to my collection and 4 pair of smartwool hiking socks.

Jeff Black

@thehikingdude

“I found out the 20% discount doesn’t work on the REI-Outlet……”

Here’s the code for the outlet site, it expires on 3/3: GM224

-jeff

Jason Klass
    BPL Member

@jasonklass

Locale: Colorado
    Mike Storesund

@mikes-1

“Here’s the code for the outlet site, it expires on 3/3: GM224”

Thanks Jeff. It appears REI has contradictiong statements by stating in their list of Coupon Exclusions… “Offer not valid on REI-OUTLET items or on REI Adventures trips.”

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools