Topic

Anyone Get The “Exit Survey”?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Anyone Get The “Exit Survey”?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

I got an email with a survey from BPL this morning – an "exit survey".

Any ways, they wanted to know why I had quit my subscription to the BPL magazine. It listed a couple reasons to choose from.

Oh I don't know, maybe they could have included the REAL reason?

That it went out of print????

The whole survey was as if the magazine was still in print!

Come on guys, you can do better. Why did you send this survey out? It was pointless – we didn't cancel the subscriptions – YOU DID!

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

I got one too, but I was never a subscriber to the "print" magazine, but did not renew my "premium" on line membership. I think it was talking about the on line membership and not the print subscription.

Brad Groves
    BPL Member

@4quietwoods

Locale: Michigan

I got one, but I've only ever had an online membership, and that membership has never expired… I'm guessing it went out to everyone on their mailing list… ?

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

They mean the online "magazine". It went probably to all who have not renewed their online membership. I will send in my survey soon, when I get a chance one evening.

Don Wilson
    BPL Member

@don-1-2-2

Locale: Koyukuk River, Alaska

Hey all –

Two comments. First, the survey was sent to the wrong mailing list, so it included a number of current subscribers – that's our fault. It was meant to go to expired premium members – aka former online members – to help us get feedback on how to make BPL a better membership experience.

Second, it was not meant to apply to the print magazine, only to the online magazine/membership. If that wasn't clear, our apologies.

If you received the survey, but are still a member, we'd still love to hear your feedback.

Thanks,
    Don

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

At least how I read the survey it didn't mention any difference between paper and online. Calling it a magazine is not clear if asking about online membership! Asking why a person canceled their subscription is even more confusing……

It was not a bad survey, just not well written.
    This was in the email received:
    "Dear Backpacking Light former subscriber:

We'd like your input! In order for us to continually improve our magazine and service to our readers…"

That is where the confusion starts immediately – as the magazine is no longer there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools