Topic

Sword Lake-Emigrant Wilderness

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Sword Lake-Emigrant Wilderness

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Five families with a total of 19 kids and adults spent 3 days 2 nights at Sword lake swimming, fishing, exploring and playing cards for S- Mores!!!

Sword lake

Sword Lake

Cadmen teaching LNT ethics at camp..Are site was VERY CLEAN after the talk!!!

Families playing cards for chocolate for the SAMORES!!

The only Lightweight tent in the crew–Golite Hex—-I talk UL but most people just do not understand and will not be bothered..I brought a scale to collect scientific data and one member of our groups backpack was 78 LBS..It was only a 4 mile hike..For the record my pack starting the trip was 35 LBS with food, water and a lot of Beer…We had a Excellent trip and ended the journey in Manteca at In & Out Burger–wooooo Double,Double Animal Style!!!!!

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Nice Jay. Never been to Sword lake. Looks like everyone was having a good time

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Commendable.
    Brave.
    And downright crazy!

I'm glad you and others have what it takes to pull something like this off. The long term results will be amazing.

Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools