Topic

sevylor trail boat as sleeping pad?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) sevylor trail boat as sleeping pad?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Say Raow

@lordrasov

I have been experimenting with my trail boat, and have been able to inflate it just enough to be an extremely comfortable full length sleeping pad.

Just wondering if anyone has had experience with this. Is the trail boat tough enough to take this kind of pressure long term? If not, is there anything I can do to the seams to make them last?

tkkn c
    BPL Member

@tkknc

Locale: Desert Rat in the Southwest

I have used the sevlor as a sleeping pad for a couple weekends. It held up fine for the weekends. I do not know about long term. I would be more worried about it holding up during use in the water.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

The Sevylor is specifically excluded from the "acceptable" list in the Alaska Mountain Wilderness Classic, suggesting that some feel it lacks ruggedness.

But if you are not trying to boat through willows and across glacial morrains, perhaps it will hold up just fine.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools