Topic

Lightest P&S with tilt/swivel LCD?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography Lightest P&S with tilt/swivel LCD?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael Ray
    BPL Member

@topshot

Locale: Midwest

I have and love a Canon A620 but it's on the heavy side. It seems after the 650 they have dropped the tilt/swivel LCD for the most part. I'll never buy another camera for me without that feature. What is the lightest camera that has this AND full manual mode? I'm assuming at this point I'll get a second 600 series Canon and deal with the weight. The A620 does fit OK in my hip belt pocket.

Michael Ray
    BPL Member

@topshot

Bump. Anything new out there yet with tilt/swivel (eg, Canon's vari-angle) LCD and full manual mode that is < 12 oz with battery?

Ismail Faruqi

@ismailfaruqi

Ray you could get a TL500 (EX1 for the rest of world?) from Samsung… terrific little camera it is… with terrific lens… see the review yourself at dpreview…

Michael Ray
    BPL Member

@topshot

That sure comes close. It does look like a very nice camera though it's almost 13 oz without the battery and I'd lose a fair amount of zoom (72mm vs 140), which I do use, but I'd gain a lot of wide angle (24 vs 35) and a faster lens overall. It would still fit in my hipbelt pocket. Seems I'd have to take several batteries or a solar charger so I wouldn't gain any weight over my A620 (w/ 4 extra AAs). How much does the SLB-11A weigh? I find anywhere from 18-48 grams on various sites.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools