Topic

Original Ultralighter

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Original Ultralighter

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Yessss, we’re just re-inventing the wheel. There were those who wandered in the wilderness for 40 days and 40 nights, eating locusts and honey, or those who couldn’t afford a suitcase in 1930:

Click ME

Now that is a light rig :)

James Schipper
    BPL Member

@monospot

I believe it was fasting for 40 days and 40 nights and that John the Baptist was the one eating locusts and honey.

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

John the Baptizer: locusts+wild honey =Yes; 40d/40n = maybe. A somewhat ascetic Jewish sect, at around the same time, known as the Essenes appeared to have a purification ritual of 40d/40n+locusts&honey according to ancient archeological documents. Essenes typically ate foods unchanged by cooking. Essenes were a strict sect similar to the communal Dead Sea Sect, aka Qumran Sect. Some scholarship I’ve read consider the Qumran community to be an Essenic community, others a separate, but somewhat similar sect. The Jewish historian Josephus, who wrote for the Roman conquerors/occupiers of the Nation of Israel writes about the Essenes in both his “Antiquities” and his “Wars” writings.

If there are no other comments, we can get back to backpacking, or, we can move this to Chaff.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Agreed (fascinating stuff though)

It occurred to me that our hobo friend with stick and bananda would now have a carbon fiber pole and a Nano fabric bandana with Sprectra line and a caribiner to hold it together.

Ryan Faulkner
    BPL Member

@ryanf

who wants to carry the weight of a carabiner :-)

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Ryan Faulkner (ryanf)
    who wants to carry the weight of a caribiner :-)

[cough, sputter] An Ursalite Micro of course :)

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/ursalite_micro_carabiner.html

(I misspelled carabiner too)

Speaking of light biners, I got a couple Black Diamond ones made of molded paltic and a wire gate. The call them “microns”: http://www.bdel.com/gear/micron.php — 0.4oz though, a stone compared to the Ursalight, but they are 3″ long.

Ryan Faulkner
    BPL Member

@ryanf

Hahaha!!!

I was kidding of course

I know of the ursalite
    but I had not seen that Black diamond carabiner, thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!