Topic

Powdered Wine?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael Freyman
    BPL Member

@mfreyman

Joshua Mitchell

@jdmitch

Locale: Kansas

Typically, alcohol will evaporate (in the drying process) faster than water during a drying to powder process. I wonder if it is simply concentrated / fortified and is actually a liquid.

Charles Strusz

@infochuck

It’s for cooking with – either in the backcountry (say, add some to that dried beef stew, or use it in your own dried concoctions) or at home. I confess to frequently cooking with it at home when I don’t have/don’t want to open a bottle of white/red; it’s quite good, and potent.

Definitely worth a try if you’re even a bit of a foodie; ‘Adventure Foods’ carries a couple o’ different kinds as well.

Douglas Frick
    BPL Member

@otter

Locale: Wyoming

>It’s for cooking with[…]

I usually carry ethanol for stove fuel. It’s expensive, but it isn’t toxic (well, not like methanol anyway) and so can be used as an antiseptic. I wonder how the powdered wine would taste with a cup of filtered water and 1/4 oz of Everclear? Probably worse than an Everclear + Tang screwdriver…

Vick Hines

@vickrhines

Locale: Central Texas

Powdered wine + Everclear, then blow in the bottle for a sparkling wine?

Just be sure to dillute the Everclear 8:1 for wine and ‘mixed drinks’ Its way dangerous without plenty of water.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools