Topic

Should I Hang/Hide/Canister My Food?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Should I Hang/Hide/Canister My Food?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

On a recent trip in the Winds I was waiting for the weather to settle after a snowy night, wandering around camp, just looking at stuff. I noticed the large boulder in the background had a bulge on the left that forms a bit of a roof above the bushes. I peered in. And I see there is a cave of sorts. The entrance is two feet high and maybe six feet across.

Den

No recent prints, but notice the scat on the right, in front of the tan rock. It's about 6" in diameter, amorphous, and black in color. No doubt in my mind who left it behind. My stomach flip-flopped a couple of times.

You never know what kind of a neighborhood you're moving into, but I'm really glad the house next door was vacant.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools