Topic

New pot support for my 12oz heineken pot.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear New pot support for my 12oz heineken pot.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Troy Ammons
    BPL Member

@tammons

I did not like the other support setup, so I decided to build a triangular support.

It will only work with the tiny stove shown. I intend to build another larger version for a 24oz pot stove later on.

Thats it on the left. 3 pieces of 1/16" SS wire formed into a curve, with 2 straight bottom pieces. 3 pieces of 3/16 x .014 alum tubing.

In the hinge, I slid a piece of heat shrink tubing into the alum tube to hold those legs together.

You take the front curved piece out and it folds up.

Windscreen and lid are not shown.

Everything fits in the 12oz can and it weighs 2.4 oz.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Keith Selbo
    Spectator

@herman666

Locale: Northern Virginia

Nice workmanship Troy!

Troy Ammons
    BPL Member

@tammons

Thanks,

I modified the stove a bit and shortened the pot stand about 1/4" and it will boil 1 cup of H20 to a rolling boil with 8.5ml of alcohol which is pretty good. 65dF, sea level.

The rim of a 12oz can fits inside the ring.
    Today I figured out the ring will fit inside the ring of a 24oz can so that works too, but this tiny can stove is really too small for a 3 cup boil.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools