Topic

Hiking Podcasts – Not so trendy anymore

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Hiking Podcasts – Not so trendy anymore

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jack H.

@found

Locale: Sacramento, CA

What's happened? Podcasting has lost it's allure.

BPL has produced only four podcasts in 2009. All of them about PACKRAFTING. And they're not the only ones. All the original hiking podcasts have either severely slacked off or stopped production completely.

I enjoyed podcasts a lot. And in my recent search I've found a few new ones that I'm going to subscribe to. Anyone else listen to podcasts or is the fad over? Any recommendations?

Curt Peterson
    BPL Member

@curtpeterson

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Totally agree. Seems that when the backpacking podcasts were popular a couple years ago nobody knew what a podcast was. Now that everyone is podcasting and there are millions to choose from, none are about backpacking. Strange!

Bill Poett

@wpoettaol-com

Locale: Santa Barbara

I train 4 days a week at the Santa Barbara Stadiums with a weight vest and my BPL podcast, I probally know more about Erin and Higs trip and Andrew in the ice box then anyone…… I would love some new stuff ;0)

D G
    Spectator

@dang

Locale: Pacific Northwet

Try the podcasts over at backpackinglight.co.uk/the outdoor station. Pretty much weekly podcasts.

You can subscribe on itunes.

Jack H.

@found

Locale: Sacramento, CA

Oooh good tip. I didn't know about that one. For others: It's semi-commerical podcasts at theoutdoorsstation.co.uk

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools