Topic

Merino buffs

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Merino buffs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Kathleen B

@rosierabbit

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Buffwear.com now has buffs in merino wool in 8 colors. I just ordered one to use as a portable hoody to any merino shirt I wear.

Jeff K
    Spectator

@jeff-k

Locale: New York

Do you know how thick they are or how much they weight. I assume they are some sort of mid weight, but I would be curious to hear what you think of yours.

Buff Wear Merino Wool

Kathleen B

@rosierabbit

As soon as it comes I will weigh it and let you know. Their regular buffs are pretty thin and weigh 1.3 oz on my scale.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

The merino will probably be more than 1.3 but less than 2.0 oz..; )

Kathleen B

@rosierabbit

According to Dan in another thread they are "54g 30" long versus 20" for standard buff."

It turns out my order didn't get through the ether vapors for some reason, and now they're out of black. Woe is me.

Barnett Childress

@barnett_childress

Locale: New England

Kathleen,
    FYI. I just ordered a black Merino Buff about 20 minutes ago and it went thru no problem. Try again!
    Best,
    Barnett

Kathleen B

@rosierabbit

Thanks! I just got an email from them saying they were back in stock. I'll try again.

Paul Kane

@phoeniciansailor

i'd ordered one of these from rei. weight is 1.9 ounces according to my scale.

compared to the standard "uv" buff this is quite a bit longer. like an old-timey sleep cap. :) not sure what to do with all the extra fabric. it's also thinner than my "uv" buff, but i suppose that makes sense.

might wind up exchanging it for another synthetic buff. the odor-resistance of merino would be nice, but it seems a little awkward so far.

Kathleen B

@rosierabbit

I got mine today, and it is indeed very long. I will probably cut off the extra and hem it to get it to the length of my regular buff. I'm not where I can weigh it right now, but it is a thin, soft merino, definitely not midweight or bulky. Very nice, in fact. It's going into my pack for tomorrow's trip.

te – wa
    BPL Member

@mikeinfhaz

Locale: Phoenix
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools