Topic

Montrail Masai…

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Montrail Masai…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael Demchak

@mikey

Locale: new england

Hello, Andrew Skurka said the Montrail Masai’s were being replaced this year with another improved model. does anyone know what these new shoes are called? is it the Montrail highlander?
    thanks for any help,
    mike!

Mark
    BPL Member

@mlarson

Locale: SoCal

To my eyes and hands, the new Odyssey model looks and feels most similar to the Masai. Same meshy feeling, similar heel, a presumably cushier ride. The Highlander also looks great and a couple ounces lighter, but it seems a slightly more bare-bones. I haven’t actually gotten my feet into either model [yet], but they’ve got my attention. Perhaps Andy will have more info on fit and function.
    -Mark

Ryan Faulkner
    Spectator

@ryanf

If you want a good, ultra-breathable trail runner. try some salomon XA pro 3Ds, I have been very happy with mine. They fit well.and are durable. I have had 3 pairs of trail runners,these, some adidas response trail Xs and Vasque velocities and I loved all of them, but so far, these are my favorite. Mostly because of the breathability and they are just plain comfortable. never had a problem or a blister.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

If you are looking for replacement Masai’s, Sierra Trading Post has a bunch of sizes for $50:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/product.asp?base_no=65636&special_type

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools