Topic

UL frying pan ideas

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Blank Name

@cconat2000

I'd like to try some of the pizza and pancake recipes I've seen lately, but I don't want to carry a heavy frying pan into the backcountry.

Ideas? Could you use a foil product like a pie pan, or something a little thicker than that?

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

If you search you can find very light fry pan lids. You don't need a deep nor heavy (or thick) pan for doing it – but you will need to watch the pan and shift it on the heat source.

As well, if your cooking pot is a wide/shallow one and is non stick, use it! Deep and narrow is not a good choice though.

Brad Groves
    BPL Member

@4quietwoods

Locale: Michigan

I once bought an el cheapo aluminum pie tin when a friend decided he'd be fishing on a trip… worked fine with plenty of oil and low heat. Evernew makes Ti non-stick fry pans, maybe 5 ounces?

Dale South
    BPL Member

@dsouth

Locale: Southeast
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools