Topic

Hiking Partner needed for JMT 8/06

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Hiking Partner needed for JMT 8/06

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi All,

I’m a 52 year old male looking for one or more people to thru hike to JMT in late Aug of this year. I hike at a moderate pace a believe I could do the whole hike in 15 to 20 days. I live in New England and would like to meet and plan the trip together.

If you have an interest let me know.

Happy hiking.

Greg Boothe
    BPL Member

@greginsa

I was planning on going at about the same time but my partner backed out. Haven’t decided if I’d try going solo or not. Please contact me if you’re still interested: [email protected].
    Greg

Erin Moutinho

@summitorbust

Hey guys,

I know it’s been a while since your posts, but I was wondering if any plans were still being made. I was just now able to clear time for sure during aug/sept and have wanted to do the entire JMT since I was 10. Anything I could jump in on?

Greg Boothe
    BPL Member

@greginsa

Erin,

The first poster, Gary, has hooked up with an experienced hiker who has hiked the JMT before. I was planning on hiking it solo (if I couldn’t find a partner) over a 3-week period but am getting rumblings at work about being gone for 3 weeks at one time even though I’ve gotten official permission to be gone. Now I’m reconsidering my options: 2 weeks and do half of it or see if there’s a way to do it all in 2 weeks plus a day or two.

I saw your other post about hiking it solo. I’ve never hiked solo before but feel confident that it can be done safely on the JMT by experienced backpackers. I’ve read some of the journals of other first-time soloists and figured if they could do it, so could I.

Greg

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools