Topic

Golite Infinity and Intuition Packs

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Golite Infinity and Intuition Packs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ethan A.
    BPL Member

@mountainwalker

Locale: SF Bay Area & New England

Can anyone comment on their experience with the Golite Infinity and Intuition Packs? My wife and I are considering the Infinity as our new all around winter and weekend/ambitious day hike pack (we’re willing to trade a little weight for the suspension and great features). Noticed their new Intuition Pack is similar in size. Thanks.

Richard Nisley
    BPL Member

@richard295

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Alan Dixon did a comprehensive review of the Infinity which is on this site with the title, “GoLite Infinity Backpack REVIEW”. I own one and it is my all time favorite.

Ethan A.
    BPL Member

@mountainwalker

Thanks, I read the review, and that’s what got us interested. What do you use the pack for? Is it your all-arounder? Haven’t heard a bad things about it, other than that I remember someone (maybe Alan) commenting that the load lifter straps could be higher/better. It seems like our dream pack.

Richard Nisley
    BPL Member

@richard295

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I frequently use it for packrafting trips, fishing trips, and snow shoe trips of 3-4 days. Whatever I need, that won’t fit inside or a pocket, can conveniently be strapped under the expandable top pocket.

Ethan A.
    BPL Member

@mountainwalker

Richard,
    Anything to watch out for in using/caring for it? Do the pack’s body material and zippers hold up well?
    Thanks very much for the good info. I’m 99% sure it’s going to be our new all-arounder.

Mark
    BPL Member

@mlarson

Locale: SoCal

I also like the Infinity. It’s a very comfortable carry. It’s my pack for those times I’ll have a heavier load for casual trips. The rear pockets took me a while to get used to, with the two narrow columns to fill. I haven’t had any durability issues, but I don’t do any alpine, canyons, or heavy bushwhacking. Zippers are still snug and secure with no real signs of wear. I got rid of the top pocket and some other straps and doodads I don’t use.

By the way, you can get a yellow/small at Campsaver.com for $120.
    -Mark

Ethan A.
    BPL Member

@mountainwalker

Thanks Mark, I’d like to take advantage of that sale price, but I think my wife needs a medium and I need a large. I’m +6ft 180 lbs and my wife is 5 ft 7. I usually take a L/XL in packs and she usually takes a Medium. I know torso is the most important measurement. I’m fairly certain she’ll be a M and I’ll be a L. Can anyone comment on sizing for this pack?

Rick Dreher
    BPL Member

@halfturbo

Locale: Northernish California

You’ll want a large unless your Levi’s inseam is 36″.

I agree with the other comments–it’s a nice, comfortable pack.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools