Topic

Would you consider donating some lightweight gear?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Scouting Philmont Would you consider donating some lightweight gear?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Mike Barney

@eaglemb

Locale: AZ, the Great Southwest!

For some time I've wanted to provide the Philmont experience to kids that can't afford it. I got lucky, and have just been given a slot for a Crew of 12 in 2010 to go to Philmont. This crew will include 10 Innercity / underprivledged Scouts, + 2 adults.

I've secured most of the financing to cover all of the Philmont and some of the logistics / ancilliary costs.

In addition to the direct costs,
    I would like to try to find some lightweight gear, particularly 30-40F sleeping bags and Mariposa to Catalyst class backpacks these boys (and possibly some girls) could use.

Other basics like headlamps, water bladders, etc would also be appreciated.

Any donation would be to the Grand Canyon Council of the BSA, and would be tax deductible to the fair market value. We would provide you with a receipt and 501c3 number.

If you are possibly considering upgrading, swapping or otherwise retiring some lightweight components, that are in good condition, I would appreciate your considering a donation to this trek and contacting me at the email below.

Thanks,
    MikeB

[email protected]

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools