Topic

BaseGear 20% Off All Non-Sale Items

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals BaseGear 20% Off All Non-Sale Items

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Tim Testa

@michaelredbeard

I have never heard of this company before, but they have a 20% off deal going on when you join a free email membership that sends out a monthly newsletter. On top of that, they are having an end of the clearance on a bunch of stuff. I am going to buy a sleeping pad and foot print from them. However, before I jump the gun, has anyone ordered from them before?

http://www.basegear.com/

Ashley Brown

@ashleyb

Yep, basegear.com is good. I've ordered from them before and they shipped fast.

Jeffrey Davis

@gallamar

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Yep, I have had good success with purchases there.

Tim Testa

@michaelredbeard

Do you ever go to sleep or are you offically a backingpackinglight.com junkie like me =) Whenever I ask a question your right on it. Thanks man.

Ashley Brown

@ashleyb

Didn't you know? BPL assigns a personal gear guide to every new member… I get $10 for every question of yours that I answer! ;-)

Tim Testa

@michaelredbeard

…this BaseGear deal seems a little extreme. Please correct me if I am wrong, as far as the return policy is concerned, am I right in coming to the conclusion that if I buy $300 worth of stuff I will get $60 off (20%). However, if for whatever reason the item does not work out for me, then when I get refunded instead of getting the $300-60= $240 back…I will get back the amount I spent minus the discount. Therefore, I would get back $180 instead of $240.

* post edited by sharalds.
    * and by Roger Caffin

Ashley Brown

@ashleyb

Dunno where you read that. Here is the return policy. Providing the stuff you buy is "returnable" (not long underwear, tags still on it etc) then if you spent $300-20%=$240 you will get $240-shipping as a refund.

[Ashley pockets another cool $10… =-)]

Tim Testa

@michaelredbeard

"Please remember that if you return any items from an order in which you received free shipping and/or a promotional gift or discount, the original savings associated with the returned item will be deducted from the refund amount."

This would be a 20% "discount" or "promotional discount" would it not?

(No $10 for you, you totally missed this very important term and condition that could have ended up costing me $60. In fact, I think they should fire you. I am writing the general office as soon as I conclude this post!)

Ashley Brown

@ashleyb

"Please remember that if you return any items from an order in which you received free shipping and/or a promotional gift or discount, the original savings associated with the returned item will be deducted from the refund amount."

You're misinterpreting it, although I admit it could be worded more clearly.

They just mean that if you buy a $300 item but only pay $240 after discount, they won't give you a $300 refund if you return it.

John Beisner
    Spectator

@trtlrock

Locale: Blue Ridge

I've used them — they're good.

Also, and I'm sure this is no mistake on their part, the 20% off deal sounds like a 1-time only thing, i.e. "free membership — get 20% off your 1st purchase" or something like that.

But every time I buy something from them I just punch that button & get 20% off. Cool…

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

I've used them several times as well. Seem great to me but I've never had to return anything.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

It's when an Aussie tries to interpret American English to Americans that we start getting into trouble…

Kidding aside, I believe Ashley's interpretation is correct.

Michael Fogarty
    BPL Member

@mfog1

Locale: Midwest

Yep, took advantage of their sale and got 20% a BA Copper Spur UL1, with free shipping, should arrive on Friday!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools