Topic

TIM MARSHALL NEEDS YOUR HELP

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals TIM MARSHALL NEEDS YOUR HELP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 101 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

Just wanted to post here as I promised the many that inquired the last months on when I would be taking orders again.

MON MAY 3 I will start taking new orders. Also i will be updating the site soon with some design updates and some new products.

-Tim

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Just so everyone knows I will not be renewing my .com subscription so my site address will go back to enlightenedequipment.webs.com my e-mail will also be changing please see the new e-mail on my site.

-Tim

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Just saw this on Tim's home page. Get your orders in….

"I will be accepting new order through DEC 31. After that time I will not take orders while enlightened equipment does a little re-structuring. I have joined the team at Sanborn Canoe Co. and will be designing some new gear for them and updating some of my current designs to be taken to Sanborn. I am not yet sure what the result of this merger will be for enlightened equipment but I intend to continue offering both down and synthetic quilts with both cuben fiber and nylon materials (and perhaps one more). We will also be introducing a hammock in the New Year and though Iam sad that enlightened equipment will be closed for a few months I am very excited for the future and truly believe this new relationship will make our gear even better.

-Tim

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Its sounds kind of bitter sweet. Good Luck Tim :)

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

It's an exciting time for me. I am just too busy with orders to do the design work i need to get all the new stuff ready so we'll be down while i get all that stuff worked out. The nice thing is that this will eventually mean that i am not the only one sewing gear which will reduce the wait. It will also eventually mean that i will have materials on hand instead of having to order them for every job which will also shorten the wait. Some product we're even planning to carry a stock of, imagine that.

New Designs for sure on the way…
    Hammock (not SUL, but a canoeist's palace)
    Standard sized synthetic quilts with 1.1oz fabric under $150 (universal w/dif cut for TQ and UQ use)

New designs i want but am not sure how long it will be…
    Hammock Under Quilt/ 1/2 quilt/insulated Camp Pants (all in one)
    Minimalist packs (simple packs with minimal features in a larger size for canoeing or winter trips)
    hanging UL camp table (eventually part of pack for multi-use)
    Hammock Tarps (1.3 sil, i'm sure nothing too fancy at this point)

New designs i will be testing while on the break…
    KARO STEP Epiphany Down quilts (TQ and UQ) with no needle holes in the body for body vapor to penetrate

I will mostly be spending the break getting all the kinks out of the new hammock. We plan to launch with it as the first soft product at Sanborn Canoe with the synthetic quilts to follow. Once this happens and Elightened Equipment opens back up we will most likely only carry the Epiphany lines as we won't be using the new .7oz M50 and since 1.1 is so much cheaper than either m90/intrepid or m50 we will be sticking with that but since it is heavier it will live on the canoe site and not the BP site. There are a lot of sources for UL BP quilts and i don't see the need to carry our version of the MLD spirit or the Nunatak ARC lines once we have moved to the more affordable fabrics so we will just carry the cuben quilts (all we really sell anyway)

-Tim

josh wagner

@stainlesssteel

good luck man

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

Best of luck Tim. Sounds like a great move and opportunity. Can't wait to see the new products!

Viewing 7 posts - 101 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools