Topic

Western Mountaineering Pod 30?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Western Mountaineering Pod 30?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jon Christensen
    BPL Member

@jonnyc

Locale: Midwest

I am really considering getting this bag. I really like the concept of the Top bag and it seems to me like WM has created a system here that helps prevent drafts. At only 17 oz for a long 30 degree bag is pretty amazing. I was wondering if anyone has an expereince with this bag or has heard anything about its performance. It seems like BPL gave it a pretty good rating, wondering what you all think?

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

No direct experience, but have you considered the WM Summerlite? Full bag, similar temp rating, and almost as light!

I am thinking that everything else being equal, a good-fitting bag will be more efficient and slightly warmer than one that’s “spread out and draped over” a 20-inch pad???

Also, a full bag is good for crashing on the sofa of a friend’s house…

Jason Smith
    BPL Member

@jasons

Locale: Northeast

I have a pod 30 and feel it was a great deal. I use it in combination with a BMW bivy and a patagonia jacket. It gives a pretty wide variety of temperatures.

Jon Christensen
    BPL Member

@jonnyc

Locale: Midwest

The only thing about the summerlite is the girth. I’m 6’1′ 210 and I don’t know if the girth will be big enough. It have not found what the girth is for the long, any one know? and yes i do you a 20 inch pad. Anyone tested out the temp and how true is the 30 degree rating?

Anonymous

Summerlite specs:

6’0″ 1lb 3oz. 59″/51″/38″ 6″x12″
    6’6″ 1lb 5oz. 60″/52″/38″ 6″x12″

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools