Topic

Camp Chair

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear Camp Chair

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Steve Small

@lustreking

My Jerry chair, made of coated ripstop weighs 2.17 oz.

Photobucket

Steven McAllister
    BPL Member

@brooklynkayak

Locale: Arizona, US

The Collin Fletcher method works for me most of the time (I don't think he invented it though).

I do supplement with a sit pad to protect my butt. The sit pad has many other uses as well.

Erik Danielsen
    BPL Member

@er1kksen

Locale: The Western Door

I didn't know it was the "fletcher method", but I've been doing that with my granite gear as well. Half the time I just prop it up against a tree or rock rather than a trekking pole, and the folded sleeping pad goes under my butt… both comfy and insulating if it's chilly.

Dale South
    BPL Member

@dsouth

Locale: Southeast

Works just about as well with my GG Gorilla as it did in the old days with my Trailwise external plus I have the luxury of the sit pad for my butt.

Alex H
    BPL Member

@abhitt

Locale: southern appalachians or desert SW

See my comments way above (last year), but it doesn't work so well with an empty SMD Swift. Now I just carry a thermarest compack chair kit.

Diane “Piper” Soini
    BPL Member

@sbhikes

Locale: Santa Barbara

I'm so lazy I like to lay on my back with my legs on my pack. Forget about sitting. That's too much work! Plus bringing a chair takes away all the fun of finding the perfect chair formed in a rock.

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools