Topic

minidrop drop size compared w/ Aqua Mira

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition minidrop drop size compared w/ Aqua Mira

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    John Tyberg

@jtyberg

Locale: Southern California

Has anyone measured the drop size out of the newer minidrop bottles? I'm trying to figure how long my aqua mira will last. Thanks.

John

Mike Clelland

@mikeclelland

Locale: The Tetons (via Idaho)

NOTE: the mini-droppers have a bigger hole than the aqua mira.

If you use the aqua mira bottles to add drops to a mini-bottle the math doesn't match.

So, if you put 14 drops into a mini-dropper bottle (from the A/M bottles), you get only 10 drops out. (approx)

I will add, and this is just ME, the mix recommended by AQUA MIRA is WAY too strong for most back-country water.

I usually do NOT treat my water (and this is just me) and if I do, I use just a tiny amount. Less than 25% of what is recomenended.

Again, this is just me.

John Tyberg

@jtyberg

Locale: Southern California

Much appreciated. I'm packing for the JMT, so I don't think I'll have to be nearly as vigilant about water treatment as I usually am for the San Gabriels/Los Angeles area. I too would like to consume as little chlorine as possible … but am balancing that with my fear (probably irrational at times) of harmful bacteria.

Thanks for the ratio, Mike.

John

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools