Topic

Glacier NP: partner / genera advice

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Glacier NP: partner / genera advice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Alfred Kwok

@caclimber

Locale: Southern CA

I would like to find one or two hiking and/or backpacking partners for Glacier National Park (the Northern traverse etc.) during the first ten days of August.

I am from CA and know the Sierras very well, but unfortunately I have never been in grizzly country. Will I be asking for trouble if I solo if I cannot find partners? (And are there other fora that I can look for partners?)

I prefer 15 – 23 mile dayhikes. However, since I am only an aspiring (ultra)light backpaker, I prefer 10 – 15 mile days on overnight trips.

I would be indebted to any advice!

Alfred ([email protected])

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

Alfred,

I'd love to hike with you, but will be out of state during the first half of August.

Normally I enjoy solo backpacking, but I do hesitate to hike solo in Grizz country. The stats show that groups are safer, but there's plenty you can do to be prudent if you do go solo.

-Dave

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools