Topic

Amazon.com

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Amazon.com

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    William Puckett

@beep

Locale: Land of 11, 842 lakes

From today's press release…

"Amazon.com, Inc. (Nasdaq: AMZN) today announced the launch of its Outdoor Recreation Store (www.amazon.com/outdoors) – a single shopping destination offering thousands of outdoor gear and apparel items from top-tier brands. Amazon.com’s growing selection is complemented by offerings available from leading outdoor merchants, including Altrec, Backcountry and Mountain Gear, and FREE Super Saver Shipping offers on thousands of eligible items."

Somehow I don't think our friends at Gossamer Gear, Six Moon Designs, Tarptents, ULA-Equipment, Warbonnet, Mountain Laurel Designs, Titanium Goat, etc. (apologies to anyone I didn't list!) will make the Amazon.com list.

I'm not immune to shopping for bargains for mainstream items (e.g. WM sleeping bags), but I plan to continue to support the cottage gear makers who deliver product and service and value that is too often beyond the reach of mass-market retailing business.

Allison Sayre

@teamalli

Locale: PNW

Amazon has been selling outdoor stuff for a while, I think it's just better organized now. Before the stuff was in the Sporting Goods section. I've bought Platy bottles and a Packtowl for cheaper than retail plus free shipping/no tax.

Although stuff like this: http://www.amazon.com/MSR-321160-Titan-Cup/dp/B000FBYNI4/ref=br_lf_m_1000399751_1_2_ttl?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&pf_rd_p=482728331&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000399751&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1YC3PJE1VG02E25H2AYE leaves me a bit unimpressed. They don't list the capacity of the cup, which is important for most people, especially if you're spending 30 bucks on a cup.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools