Topic

ULA not shipping due to injury!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) ULA not shipping due to injury!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    James Ennis

@jimennis

Locale: South

I looked through the recent threads, but didn't see any mention of this. Brian Frankle fractured his leg over the weekend and, as a result, production at ULA has been shut down prematurely. I recently ordered a Catalyst for an upcoming JMT hike and received an email from Casey at ULA stating the above.
    Just thought I'd let those know who may be wanting to order any packs from ULA. Apparently they won't be shipping anything out now until after December 1.
    Jim

Andrew King

@drewboy

Locale: Arizona

I'm sorry to hear this. I hope you heal quickly Brian.

David Ure

@familyguy

That sucks – Get well soon Brian.

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

Bad deal there. Finally got to use my Catalyst and Circuit last week (switched packs when I had to go down due to altitude sickness), both packs were wonderful. Get well soon Brian.

Chris W
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

According to the site they're still making packs, it's just a lot slower turnaround.

Hope Brian heals up fast so he can get back on the trails.

slavenya slavenya
    BPL Member

@slavenya

Locale: Israel

Brian, please heal fast.

Michael Fogarty
    BPL Member

@mfog1

Locale: Midwest

Get Well soon Brian, hope your injury will not affect your hiking, in the long term.

Meanwhile, If anyone is looking for a unused 2009 Circuit, I could let mine go for $500.00 HEE,HEE

Kathleen B

@rosierabbit

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I sent Brian a sympathy email, and Casey sent the following information:
    …as has become a ULA tradition:
    ULA-Equipment will be closed from August 1st to December 1st, 2009 while we are out hiking.

Please note due to unforeseen circumstances:
    1) Orders placed by July 31,2009 will be processed and shipped before we depart .

2) Orders will be fulfilled from our remaining inventory only.

3) Shipping will only occur on remaining Fridays in July.

4) Pending orders will be contacted about product availability.

Casey Burnett

@casey_ula

Thanks for the well wishes folks. Much appreciated! We will be shipping what inventory we have on hand for the remaining days of July…or until we run out…which ever comes first! You can always drop us an email and Casey will clue you into what items remain available.

My sincere apologies, but a man can't sew when his leg can't bend!

I did in fact break my leg last week. I was riding my motorcycle to put in a water cache for a long, dry hike I had planned for the following day…got distracted by wildflowers and BANG! I fell off at 5 mph and rammed my tibia into my femur, and thus split my tibia plateau and put a nice crack into the top of my tibia as well.

Surgery was the following day after a 6 hr search and rescue effort. 7 screws and a chunk of metal and all is well. Non weight bearing for 4-6 weeks, but I started PT today and am on the road to recovery. I'll be back in the landscape wandering around as soon as possible. In the meantime, I'll be living vicariously this fall through BPL trip reports instead of hiking myself…so keep posting!

Brian

Frank Perkins

@fperkins

Locale: North East

Ouch!!! Feel better.

t.darrah
    BPL Member

@thomdarrah

Locale: Southern Oregon

Brian,
    I hope the seven screws and the chunk of metal were titanium, UL is critical in body reconstruction as well as backpacking gear. This is coming from a guy with two titanium screws fused into his back at L5-S1.

Here's hoping for a fast and complete recovery.

Andrew Richardson

@arichardson6

Locale: North East

Glad to hear you have a good attitude Brian! Work hard in PT and do your exercises man! Musta been a crazy 6 hours of waiting for help! Pretty good story outta this deal, if nothing else, eh? Happy Healing!

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Hi Brian
    Thanks for posting.
    Flowers can be really sneaky and dangerous, a bunch of them killed my cousin . (they were hiding inside a delivery truck)

Love your new web site (might give Henry something to do next winter) , and even more the look of the new Circuit (roll top closure) but mine is still doing fine.
    That Ohm is one sexy pack too.
    Get well soon.
    Franco

Jonathan Ryan
    BPL Member

@jkrew81

Locale: White Mtns

Geez, crap luck Brian but in a way I feel your pain. Last winter after training for 5 months for a long distance road race I broke my foot a few weeks before I was about to toe the line. The only positive I could find in the whole situation was the renewed motivation I had to recover properly and get back out there. Best of luck in your recovery…

Andrew King

@drewboy

Locale: Arizona

Hey Brian. Injuries are frustrating for sure. It sounds like you've got a great attitude and determination to get back out there ASAP. You can meanwhile take solace that your gear is out there covering many miles and enriching people's backpacking experiences. Best of luck.

Lapsley Hope

@laps

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, at least it was your leg and not your neck! Hope you get better soon. I enjoy my Catalyst and Ohm every time I strap them on, and I usually get asked as to how I like them to which the reply is "Fantastic".

Dave T

@davet

Barnett Childress

@barnett_childress

Locale: New England

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Brian!!
    Barnett

Joe Kuster
    BPL Member

@slacklinejoe

Locale: Flatirons

Brian,

Might I suggest a UL wheelchair for day hikes / overnighters? They do make accessible trails and most are highly underutilized.

Just make sure your shelter is something you can get into and out of easily and I'm sure you could manage something.

Best wishes on your recovery!

David Ure

@familyguy

I thought this is what trekking poles are used for?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!