Topic

Big bivy sack and AK winter bag

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Big bivy sack and AK winter bag

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Christopher Plesko

@pivvay

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Anyone used the Montbell bag cover in wide/long with a -25F sleeping bag? Is there enough room to fit the bag without loft compression?

My bag is big enough to fit my waterbottles and such without an issue so as long as the bag fits it will be fine.

Any other really light and roomy options?

Stephen Klassen

@steveyk

I have the Montbell Breeze Dry-Tec bag cover in wide/long, and it fits over my -5F WM bag, which lofts to about 7 inches.

However, my bag is the discontinued Aiguille, which is narrower than the current Kodiak. Eyeballing my setup, I think it would take the wider Kodiak, but the -25F Puma, lofting to 9 inches, might result in compression of the sleeping bag.

I emailed montbell for advice on the sizing of the bag cover and they were very helpful.

I don't have much experience with other bag cavers.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools