Topic

No California – 7 mi backpacking then fishing

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Scouting Backpacking Light with Scouts No California – 7 mi backpacking then fishing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ny-Ann Nolasco

@bluepigbandyahoo-com

My bp'ng partner and have gone on several backpacking trips where our goal was to have a lighter load each time (and of course to make it to our exit point in time).

However, this time, we wanted to try a different approach in our backpacking goal.

We'd like to try to hike maybe 6-7 (average) miles in, set up camp by a lake or river then just hang around there for the day.

We're looking for a trail with the following factors:
    1. 6-7 miles in
    2. Ends at a lake for fishing (beginner fisherman/woman)
    3. Great day hikes in the area
    4. North California. We live in SF Bay Area.
    5. Weekend trip (not a long weekend)
    6. Most importantly, we do NOT want to stay in a campsite. We'd still keep the 100 ft distance from the water from our tent.

Any suggestions? I wouldn't think that backpacking and fishing combined is a rare subject, but I haven't been able to find trails that specifically had fishing as an objective (keep in mind we're beginners at fishing).

Thank you for any help.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools