Topic

Superior Hiking Trail

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    William Puckett

@beep

Locale: Land of 11, 842 lakes

I did an SHT quick trip this weekend. Due to events beyond my control, I was only able to drive up on Saturday (from Minneapolis – 4 1/2 hours), do a hike with an overnight and then backtrack to make it home for dinner Sunday.

Despite the quick nature of the trip, the weather was great (high around 70 with a breeze, low around 45, clear, low humidity), the bugs were few and the scenery good. I hiked 10-11 miles each way.

Gear report: My new GG Lightrek 4 poles (with straps) were great. No slippage, solid poles, no issues other than enjoyment. The GG Gorilla pack continues to be dream pack for this sort of weekend jaunt. Just the right size and comfortable carry. It was also my first night out with the large size NeoAir mattress. Loved it! Long enough and wide enough for my 6'5" frame…and comfy whether on my back or side (normally a side sleeper!!).

Here are some photos…SHT 1

SHT 2

SHT 3

SHT 4

SHT 5

SHT 7

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools