Topic

Padded hipbelt for GG Virga

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Padded hipbelt for GG Virga

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Joseph Morrison
    Spectator

@sjdm4211

Locale: Smokies

I am getting ready to make a padded hipbelt for my GG Virga. I got some foam out of a old life preserver and the fabric from a stuff sack I know longer use. I want to be able to remove the padded hipbelt from the pack and still have use of the 1.5" webbing belt when I am not carrying too much weight. Any suggestion would be helpful. Thanks alot

Joseph

Inaki Diaz de Etura
    BPL Member

@inaki-1

Locale: Iberia highlands

may be this is gonna be too obvious but you said "anything" :) so here goes. I added a padded hipbelt to a GG Virga too. It was an old belt from another (a ULA) pack and I believe a removable one. I just removed the webbing parts from the belt and threaded the Virga one around the padding and through the channel between it and the belt pockets. It worked just fine like this but later I added matching velcro patches on belt and pack so the belt doesn't fall when I take the pack off.

Maybe this pic is useful:GG Virga pack with ULA padded hipbelt

It's still removable.

I'd make your padded belt so you can thread the Virga webbing belt through it.

Joseph Morrison
    Spectator

@sjdm4211

My fiancee sewed one up for me. The foam padding is only about 1/8" or 3/16" thick by 4" wide. We made it just long enough to where my hip bones are protected from the webbing belt. Its removable. I would take a picture but sadly my camera died a few months back :(

I realize it won't actually take any weight off my shoulder straps but it feels alot more comfortable on my boney hips. With the little padding that is has it only adds a negligible amount of weight. Maybe a ounce or two.

Joseph Morrison
    Spectator

@sjdm4211

Some Velcro would be great. Stick or sew on?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools