Topic

Asolo Trail Runners: Switch or Outrider

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Asolo Trail Runners: Switch or Outrider

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sharon Bingham
    BPL Member

@cowboisgirl-2

Locale: Southwest

I've got a pair of Asolo nubuck hiking boots that I've had for 10 years, and I haven't had any luck replacing their performance with lighter-weight options.

I've tried the Montrail Namche, and the Solomon Tech Amphibians. While I love that they are so light (and the Solomons are quick to dry), I find that the soles are far too flexible to keep my feet from becoming achy and tired over rough terrain.

I need to find light wieght, fast drying trail shoes for the WT1-SBP course in August. And neither of the two shoes above are going to cut it.

So, I started looking at what else Asolo had to offer and I found the Switch: http://www.rei.com/product/764564

I can seem to find anyone who carries these in a store and so I haven't been able to go look/touch/feel em.

Anyone have a pair (or the men's equivalent, the Outrider) and would like to comment?

Sharon Bingham
    BPL Member

@cowboisgirl-2

Locale: Southwest

Well, I guess no-one has tried them.

I ordered a pair. I'll let you all know how they work out.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools