Topic

WPB Fabric for MYOGers

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear WPB Fabric for MYOGers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Brad Groves
    BPL Member

@4quietwoods

Locale: Michigan

Hi, all-
    I just made a cagoule out of some ~2oz per sq. yd. WPB fabric… but I actually haven't finished the project because the coating is coming off before I can even get the whole thing sewn together.

I'm really disappointed; the cagoule would have been a really light rain option. Most of the WPB fabrics I've seen for MYOGers at places like OWF, RainShed and Quest are pretty heavy. The light one at Quest is the one I used that's no good. Does anyone have recommendations and sourcing for a WPB fabric that the coating will stay on but is lightweight?

EDIT: Just got off the phone w/Quest; they say the coating coming off won't affect the waterproofness. Given that there's no heavy coating where it's coming off, I'm skeptical. But I guess I'll put in the time and effort to seam seal the thing and finish with a hood so I can test it and find out. In the meantime, any recommendations on fabric are still welcome. (If I could find a good price on an ID all-eVent bivy that'd be great)
    Thanks-
    Brad

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

> they say the coating coming off won't affect the waterproofness.
    ?????????????????????

Unless the fabric was NOT waterproof at all in the beginning???

Weird!

Cheers

Huzefa @ Blue Bolt Gear
    Spectator

@huzefa

Locale: Himalayas

You can always hack a driduck pocho like some people did for bivies.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools