Topic

Off trail, Return Creek in Yosemite?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Mountaineering & Alpinism Off trail, Return Creek in Yosemite?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Michael Whiteside

@ruralbackpacker

Locale: Northern California

Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to go off trail down Return Creek, from the PCT to the Tuolumne River?

Thanks!

cathy crespo

@moosiklvr

Dear Michael,
    I found this website while looking for a little creek I had hiked down a long time ago. I vaguely remember a week long trip, starting at little yosemite valley. My boyfriend at the time and I decided to take a "cross country" trip down what I remember the map called "no return creek". It was only about 15-20 miles, but…..Wow. What an adventure. What I remember is emerging from our "adventure" at the merced river, but maybe it was the touloume…and maybe it was called return creek and we nick named it no return. Water was a problem, because the banks of the river were so steep…big boulders…so hard to get down. Bivowacked (?sp) a couple of nocs, staking in sleeping bags so they wouldnt slip into the river, LOL. My boyfriend fell and sprained his ankle mid way…thru a "chimney". I smashed my nose, fording the river….All in all, a good time was had by all, LOL. Your post is over 1 year old…so maybe you will never read this. But, if anyone has ever heard of this little "detour" please write. I have been thinking about going back and carefully retreading my course, LOL.
    Cathy
    253-961-9839

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools