Topic

Dimension-Polyant VX-21

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Dimension-Polyant VX-21

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    robert perks

@rperks

My roll of graphite VX-42 seconds was delivered today. Almost 7 yards, I am sure I can come up with something to use it all up, but may be willing to sel a yard or two if someone out there is looking.

With respect to figuring out which material you have, the VX-07, 21, and 42 are all pretty different. In my package they included some swatches of their current stock. spreading them out, you can see that the weave of the top layer gives it away. The VX-07 has small square ripstip as well as the diamond pattern layer. The VX-21 is non ripstop pack cloth, and the VX-42 is pack cloth as well, but much heavier. The VX-51 is about the weight of heavy school backpack cordura.

The WX, TX, VF, …. swatches, that is just a downward spiral into temptation.

As for dealing directly with DP, service was great, packing was great, and turnaround was fast. I have a feeling I will be talking with Hale again soon.

Morgan Rucks
    BPL Member

@rucksmtr

robert.
    you could build me a frame bag for my sam hillborne outta it :)

Christopher Wilke
    Spectator

@wilke7000

Locale: Colorado

Jared,

PMed you about your extras.

Jared Dilg
    BPL Member

@village

Locale: Texas

I've got PMs from a few people about the fabric, especially regarding the white VX07. Sorry, I'll respond to them all in a bit.

Here are some photos for reference. The white VX07 is called "Tokyo Grey" by DP but is very much white. The grey VX21 looks similar to my grey silnylon from Noah Lamport, but DP calls it "Charcoal II". The light blue is called "OD Ocean" and the dark blue is called "OD Blue" (prob same stuff that Rocky Woods had).

edit: I found that the ocean VX42 has one diagonal strand that broke about mid-way across the roll. There's just a void in the grid for the remainder of the width. D-P sells this fabric as either overruns or mill seconds. I haven't found blemishes in the other fabrics so far.

VX07 White Fabric

VX21 and VX42 materials

Jared Dilg
    BPL Member

@village

Some gear I made with the two blues:

Bikepacking Gear

Mark Maritz
    BPL Member

@mmaritz

Locale: Rural Eastern Cape

Hi All

I live in South Africa and love following all the discussions and varied threads/topics.

Question: What do you all do with your old creations (previous versions)…?

I sit at the tip of Africa with little access to the lovely "VX-21's" of the world… any chance you would sell on your "old" versions.

Thanks and keep the great ideas and thoughts coming!!
    Regards
    Mark

Thomas Budge

@budgthom

Locale: Idaho

Jared,

Do you have any of that white VX07 left over that you would be willing to sell? Tried to PM you but no email address set up.

Jared Dilg
    BPL Member

@village

Sorry, all out of white! BTW, I got a PM from someone else this morning, so my PM profile works. Is yours configured with an email address?

Ronald Rod

@bespokegear

Locale: Front Range

Hi there,
    I have a bunch of the TX07 in white for sale. $8/yard+shipping

Shoot me an email at [email protected].

Cheers,
    Ron

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools